Chick adoption failed

brenbot21

In the Brooder
Sep 10, 2018
I have a broody hen and she was sitting on two eggs and one of those eggs hatched so we decided that it needed some siblings so we went to the store and got four and put them under her at night making sure they were all safe and sound (they all were the same size) and I went to check on them in the morning seen they were all eating together so I left, and when I came back to check on them she was pecking at the four of them making a weird noise so I removed them and put them in some warmth, but i realy want them to have a mama so is there any other way i could make that happen?

I put then under a heat lamp in a box during the day then I put them under her at night and I woke up realy early and let them out together and the mom started to talk to them and all of them are following her and eating when she calls for them. I guess it takes time, I was so happy this happend.

20190901_171052.jpg
this is the adopted chicks and mama.

I put then under a heat lamp in a box during the day then I put them under her at night and I woke up realy early and let them out together and the mom started to talk to them and all of them are following her and eating when she calls for them. I guess it takes time, I was so happy this happend.
That's great news! :ya

Back
Top Bottom