Chick and duck addicts! Update:pics

JessaLynn

Songster
11 Years
Aug 7, 2008
Sandusky County,Ohio
I can't help my self! I just ordered 10 more chicks and 6 ducks! UGH!
th.gif
My DH doesn't even know yet. I said I was gonna just order 2 ducks for my daughter.Yeah right! So here's my whole crew:
5 Blue Cochin
1 White Cochin
5 Blue Wyandottes
8 Black Star
15 Red Star
8 Delaware
2 Buff Orpington
6 Bared Plymouth Rock
2 Easter egger
2 Welsummer
3 Pekin ducks
3 Khaki Cambell ducks

I said under 50 is a good number but I went over with my spontanius purchase.Dag gonit! Looks like DH is gonna be adding some nest boxes.LOL All are hens but are 1 white Cochin "Duke" he's the King of the flock.
D.gif

Anyone else getting chicks April 13th-16th? I'm so excited!!! Can't wait for them to arrive!!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

UPDATE: Some came early!! Yeah!
14203_kids_659.jpg

Pic of my little easter egger.Ain't she pretty!!!
They also gave me 4 more BR and 2 Leghorns

Last edited:
I might keep buying them until they actualy arrive and then I'm trying to figure out where I'm gonna put em all.LOL I wanted a few silkies but wasn't sure how my big o Cochin's would be around them.Don't want anyone getting picked on. Now I have a BO hen who is sitting on eggs and I don't have the heart to break her up from it.I was able to count them real quick and she has 9 under her.Uhoh! Owell more fuzz butts
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
This is a bad place to go for that. They'll just tell you to get more. Trust me I planned for 8-10 bantams and you don't want to know how many they talked me into.
roll.png
I don't even know how many chicks I have now.
lol.png

I'll be posting pics as soon as they arrive. It's still kinda cool here 40s-high 50s Think they will be ok in our garage or should I set up something inside the house?

You're looking in the wrong place for rehab LOL Between my mom and I we have 10 chickens, and 65 ducks AHHH lol it looks like such a big number when you write it out hahaha!

Back
Top Bottom