Chick born with dried yoke?

Whitechicks2020

Chirping
Jul 16, 2020
Hello, This is my first hatch and I had a chick that was at 30 hours of poking its head out so I decided it was time to assist it and when I broke the shell at its beak I saw what looked to me like a dried yoke? Is that possible. It seems very weak and I’m not sure what to do for it. Any advice?

Hello, This is my first hatch and I had a chick that was at 30 hours of poking its head out so I decided it was time to assist it and when I broke the shell at its beak I saw what looked to me like a dried yoke? Is that possible. It seems very weak and I’m not sure what to do for it. Any advice?
Can you post a pic? Its definitely time to assist.

sorry not the best picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 14
I got the chick out and the abdomin did bleed a little bit but stopped with pressure applied and is drying up .

It’s crushed sorry I can’t get it open for a decent picture but its just membrane and shell in there. I was just worried because it’s not as active as the others when they came out

It’s crushed sorry I can’t get it open for a decent picture but its just membrane and shell in there. I was just worried because it’s not as active as the others when they came out
It will probably perk up. It's exhausting for them when they're stuck that long. I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. Don't give it any liquids or anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom