Chick breed question

nurschic

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 10, 2014
I have 3 baby chicks that are 2 weeks old. They are from a straight run of a variety of different chicks. They are light gray with black heads, their legs and feet are gray except for the tips of the toes, they are pink......any guesses of what they might be??? I have tried looking at all the baby chick pictures from the hatchery, but none seem to fit the bill.

Last edited:

The one in the last picture is the lightest of the 3. I got them from Meyers Hatchery.

The top ones are blue. The look like blue Andalusians, they could also be blue Orps but I highly doubt it. The light colored one looks like an EE. The multi brown one could be one of many breeds, the pic isn't good enough for me to give you a super accurate guess. Are these chicks you got from an assortment or got them out of the bin in the store?

I got them all from Meyers Hatchery and they are from an "Adopt Me" bin…..its a mixture of all the late bloomers. With this mix they give you a whole varity of different breeds and you never know what you will get….Kinda like a grab bag of chicks
gig.gif
Thought this was gonna be a fun way to start raising chicks. I have figured out what a few of the 16 chicks are, but they all look so much alike!!!

The top ones are blue. The look like blue Andalusians, they could also be blue Orps but I highly doubt it. The light colored one looks like an EE. The multi brown one could be one of many breeds, the pic isn't good enough for me to give you a super accurate guess. Are these chicks you got from an assortment or got them out of the bin in the store?

X 2 I think they look like Blue Andalusians. The light one looks maybe EE though hard to tell under the brooder light.

Back
Top Bottom