Chick broke out on wrong side - Another UPDATE: Post# 57

No, no--different incantations
old.gif
I,I think I did that right?
hide.gif

Quote:
Yes it does. What's breaking my heart though is hearing Impy, Jr. hollering, hollering and nobody to answer him.

Quote:
Might be time to introduce him to his brothers by the other mothers out in the coop....

Yeah, he's going out tonight. Mama and her two babies moved to their larger quarters just a bit ago. Mama's choice, not mine. When I had the coop open she started going ballistic trying to lead her babies outside, so I shoo'd all the other birds out of the coop and let her and her babies wander around. When it was time to go back to the nest, I just directed her to the bigger one.

The second baby is out. He was partially shrink-wrapped. He's a HUGE chick! He has enormous feet and already got one of them stuck in the grill on the water reservoir. Yes, we helped him a little bit. I couldn't stand by and watch him die.
hide.gif

No hiding necessary. As long as you didn't "help" too early, which usually creates real problems, due to un-absorbed yolk, or other "not yet done" problems.

Good job! I am SO thrilled for you!

And is DH suffering from Puffed Out Chest Syndrome yet, with new Grandchicks?

Quote:
Big Foot did most of the work, we just had to peel back a bit of the dried membrane. He's resting now. The first thing I looked for when he was out was the yolk. He seems fine, just very tired.
If he makes it I'll be thrilled, but I debated about it all morning and I'm positive he would have died with if left in his so small (for him) egg.

Back
Top Bottom