Chick chair/Broken leg

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by StarrzDopee, Mar 26, 2015.

1. StarrzDopee

StarrzDopee New Egg

Mar 25, 2015
    My roommate brought home chicks, I have NEVER had chickens and honestly [​IMG]didn't know how to take care of them. Still am learning. My chick hurt its leg. It won't put any weight on it. So I made a "chick chair" really it was a guess and I'm not sure what is okay and what isn't so could you take a look and tell me if it will work?! Or if I could make it better somehow? I love this little guy or [​IMG]Girl like I said I know nothing about chickens =\

2. StarrzDopee

StarrzDopee New Egg

Mar 25, 2015
    Apparently I can't work this website either =| lol

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    How is your chick doing? Leg injuries or leg bone deformities can be common. Is the chick alert and eating/drinking well? Could it move at all before you put it in the chick chair? They need to learn how to eat and drink normally on the floor. Here is a good site to look over about splay leg, and other leg problems: https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

4. StarrzDopee

StarrzDopee New Egg

Mar 25, 2015
    It wasn't moving at all when I put it in the chicken chair. I was just trying to get him off of his leg. He's doing fine as far as I can tell. The first two days I had to bring food and water to him. Now he's hopping around some, he hangs out with me all day and I'm still bringing some food to him but all in all I think he will do fine. Thank you for asking and thank you for the info!

5. Kylabylabo

Kylabylabo New Egg

May 19, 2016
    My chick has a slipped tendon and I am just wondering how you made the chick chair for it I was wondering if you could give a a tutorial on it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by