Chick chick, Love Them!

Australorps are a good choice! Great egg layers and generally really

Buff Orpington. My buff is the sweetest, friendliest of the bunch. Big fluffy butt does well in cold weather, though I'm certain your area gets waaaay colder than here in the Seattle area. Good luck and let us know what you choose.
I have be reading about the Buff Orpington being cold hardy and very sweet. Are they broody? Do they tend to get picked on by others because they are docile?

Would Australorps and Buff Orpingtons get along with each other?
It depends. If you get them as chicks and raise them together, they'll probably get along pretty well. Just don't be frantic if they attack each other, unless it draws blood or pulls out an excess of feathers. They are establishing their pecking order. Some will get along as adults, too.

It depends. If you get them as chicks and raise them together, they'll probably get along pretty well. Just don't be frantic if they attack each other, unless it draws blood or pulls out an excess of feathers. They are establishing their pecking order. Some will get along as adults, too.
I would be getting them as baby chicks. I do understand about the picking order. Some chickens just seem more aggressive then others. Thank you for your help.

Welcome to BYC! This awesome community of poultry keepers and experts will be very excited to jump in and answer whatever questions you may have. 😊
D313C704-E8A2-4FA6-ACAE-F10FECEEB5E3.png

Back
Top Bottom