Chick close ups....any ideas??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by scalaway, Mar 24, 2009.

1. scalaway

scalaway Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Ohio
    I posted some of my pic's yesterday..Here are some close-up shots of the girls [​IMG] -- Any ideas what kinds they might be? This was a McMurray rainbow egg layer assortment--it's making me crazy trying to figure out what they are [​IMG] -- I think we have some EE's, chipmunk-y looking--and very cute [​IMG] -- but these are stumping me [​IMG]!!

Here's the first one...kind of a gray-ish cast to the down--hopefully the picture shows it good enough
    [​IMG]
    Here she is in with the rest of the chicks for contrast
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure this one is an EE?
    [​IMG]
    This one has feather-y legs and a really "fluffy" appearance--especially around the head--we have two of these---
    [​IMG]
    This one I thought might be a red comet or a RIR -- not so sure now with the feathers that are coming in --they are spotted--??
    [​IMG]
    no guesses on this one [​IMG] -- have a few--some have more black than this little one...
    [​IMG]

Here's another with some together to show the contrast in colors [​IMG] -- Thanks for your help!--Looking forward to figuring out what we have [​IMG]!
    [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Love those pics!

3. scalaway

May 6, 2008
    Ohio
    Any ideas what breeds they might be?

4. littlehands

littlehands New Egg

Mar 23, 2009
    The black one looks like my Black Australorps.

Now, I'm feeling really disappointed. LOL I ordered that same assortment from MM and ended up with 22 of the same breed. No EE, either. boo hiss.

Your assortment looks fantastic!

5. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    I think they are the really cute kind!!![​IMG]

6. scalaway

May 6, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG]! I just posted on your thread [​IMG] -- Wow, I would have been really disappointed if they had sent all yellow chicks!! I know a lot of breeds start out that way , but man..it stinks when you are hoping for an "assortment"! We just got ours on Sunday am (they called at the PO while I was at church [​IMG]!) I don't know if I'll order again from McMurray...not real thrilled with their "customer service" -- frustrating [​IMG] Anyways--thanks for the suggestions! Hope your girls do well [​IMG]!

7. scalaway

May 6, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:That I did figure out [​IMG] -- he he he---I love getting peeps [​IMG] -- They're so cute when their little [​IMG]!-- They're pretty cute when they grow up too !!

8. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    It looks like a messed up bag of skittles! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I cant help with breeds but they sure are cute. I would order that if my DH would let me! [​IMG] Now how can i squeeze in more babies without him noticing..... [​IMG]

9. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Quote:I'm of no help, but I was JUST thinking the same thing, Melissastraka! How to squeeze more "peeps" (as my kids call them) into the box without DH noticing.... [​IMG]: They are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a lovely assortment.

10. scalaway

May 6, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:I'm of no help, but I was JUST thinking the same thing, Melissastraka! How to squeeze more "peeps" (as my kids call them) into the box without DH noticing.... [​IMG]: They are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a lovely assortment.

Thanks [​IMG] -- With the hubby thing.....if you add them in groups of 2 or 3, they really don't notice [​IMG] -- I even threw in a duck pair a few years back..took my hubby a full 2 weeks to realize that there were other SPECIES in my clutch [​IMG]!! he he he [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by