Chick close ups....any ideas??

scalaway

Songster
12 Years
May 6, 2008
Ohio
I posted some of my pic's yesterday..Here are some close-up shots of the girls
smile.png
-- Any ideas what kinds they might be? This was a McMurray rainbow egg layer assortment--it's making me crazy trying to figure out what they are
smile.png
-- I think we have some EE's, chipmunk-y looking--and very cute
smile.png
-- but these are stumping me
smile.png
!!

Here's the first one...kind of a gray-ish cast to the down--hopefully the picture shows it good enough
100_2873.jpg

Here she is in with the rest of the chicks for contrast
100_2886.jpg

100_2861.jpg

I'm pretty sure this one is an EE?
100_2845.jpg

This one has feather-y legs and a really "fluffy" appearance--especially around the head--we have two of these---
100_2854.jpg

This one I thought might be a red comet or a RIR -- not so sure now with the feathers that are coming in --they are spotted--??
100_2874.jpg

no guesses on this one
smile.png
-- have a few--some have more black than this little one...
100_2883.jpg

Here's another with some together to show the contrast in colors
smile.png
-- Thanks for your help!--Looking forward to figuring out what we have
smile.png
!
100_2858.jpg

The black one looks like my Black Australorps.

Now, I'm feeling really disappointed. LOL I ordered that same assortment from MM and ended up with 22 of the same breed. No EE, either. boo hiss.

Your assortment looks fantastic!

Quote:
Thanks
smile.png
! I just posted on your thread
sad.png
-- Wow, I would have been really disappointed if they had sent all yellow chicks!! I know a lot of breeds start out that way , but man..it stinks when you are hoping for an "assortment"! We just got ours on Sunday am (they called at the PO while I was at church
smile.png
!) I don't know if I'll order again from McMurray...not real thrilled with their "customer service" -- frustrating
th.gif
Anyways--thanks for the suggestions! Hope your girls do well
smile.png
!

Quote:
That I did figure out
smile.png
-- he he he---I love getting peeps
smile.png
-- They're so cute when their little
wink.png
!-- They're pretty cute when they grow up too !!

It looks like a messed up bag of skittles!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

I cant help with breeds but they sure are cute. I would order that if my DH would let me!
bow.gif
Now how can i squeeze in more babies without him noticing.....
hu.gif

Quote:
I'm of no help, but I was JUST thinking the same thing, Melissastraka! How to squeeze more "peeps" (as my kids call them) into the box without DH noticing....
lau.gif
: They are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a lovely assortment.

Quote:
I'm of no help, but I was JUST thinking the same thing, Melissastraka! How to squeeze more "peeps" (as my kids call them) into the box without DH noticing....
lau.gif
: They are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a lovely assortment.

Thanks
smile.png
-- With the hubby thing.....if you add them in groups of 2 or 3, they really don't notice
wink.png
-- I even threw in a duck pair a few years back..took my hubby a full 2 weeks to realize that there were other SPECIES in my clutch
smile.png
!! he he he
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom