Chick days are for wimps!

Quote:
Glad you found the ones you did. Sorry about the rest.
hugs.gif

My will power depends on what they have... I have looked at the chicks and none of the breeds were what I wanted so I walked away. The ducklings were white and I have never been tempted by white ducks, so pass again. But when my feedstore had Rouens, Guineas, what was supposed to be an African gosling, and Salmon Faverolles, passing wasn't possible
hide.gif

On the days when I don't bring any home, I am indeed proud of myself. It's hard, but it can be done!
gig.gif

We are headed to the auction tomorrow - that is where I could loose my will power if they have the right items. We were going to pick up some more muscovies if we can get them cheap enough to resell up here to the asian community. The problem is my husband is thinking he wants up to 30 of them. Ummmm no way - what if I can't sell them fast enough?

Gritty - you should see the guy we caught today - he is soooo beautiful with his super long tail. Thanks to him I got to know some more neighbors including an 86 year old lady that lives on her own. She feeds a lot of birds ( I think I counted like 10 feeders) and the pheasant was coming up to her house several times a day to eat. She called me and whispered in the phone that it was at her house again. We were fortunate to capture him as he could fly quite well.

The other guy is missing most of his tail and acts "off". He might have been traumatized by the neighbors dogs.

Quote:
Poor guy.
Well my day has come to a close with good news and bad news. Good news - all my turkens are present and accounted for (one was missing). Bad news? Both silkies are gone, Ellie Mae and Jethro.
sad.png
I was really counting on Jethro to take those chicks from the bator. Not sure what I'm going to do now. Hopefully DSD will come pick GS up early enough tomorrow that Keith and I can come up with something.

OH NO! Did they maybe decide to go nest somewhere else? Myabe they will show up with the daylight and are just hunkered down for the night??? It's weird that both silkies would disappear at one time. Maybe, just maybe they will show up tomorrow riding on the back of a renegade cow.

I really hope you find them.

Quote:
Not exactly at the same time though. It started with one of my dark brahmas disappearing in the blink of an eye yesterday evening. No at trace or feather. Then this morning my SF, Ellie Mae and Pearl my little polish, but lots of feathers and upset chickens with those. Thought the turken "Polly" was gone, but she showed up at roost time. Spent time with them this afternoon, left them for a brief period of time and Jethro was gone.
sad.png

Maybe you were putting too much pressure on her to go broody again and so she packed up her bags and left for greener pastures where no one will expect her to be barefoot and pregnant all the time.
tongue.png

I truly hope you find her today.

Thanks Horsey. It's really bothering me about Ellie. Her and I were developing a nice friendship. GS's parents are on the way home from Hot Springs, so hopefully there will be enough time left in the day for Keith and I to do some restructering. Now I don't have a chance of having another broody before spring, if then.

Back
Top Bottom