Chick days @ Tractor Supply

The web site says all TSC stores should have chicks now if they are getting them. But def call before you go. I about drove all the stores around here crazy calling them. And the one I bought mine from last wed morning has a really nice and informative chicken guy, and he told me they get chicks mon, tue, thur, and fridays, so always something different. I wanted pullets and I thought I would pull my hair out just in 3 days waiting for pullets to come in! LOL. and I am dying to go see whats there since wed, hahahahah. but I better wait as I have eggs in the bator and babies and hens out in the hen house.
D.gif

I would call every single morning thats what I was doing! I was calling every TSC that I thought I could drive to within 2 hours , lol. we are an hour away from the closest one , so I was calling at opening and every hour after that because they said as soon as the post office calls they will be here, and I know how fast they go esp the pullets. what state are you in, I am in kentucky .

Our local TSC didn't get in a good selection last week.
Just "assorted pullets" and "unsexed bantams" and meat birds and ducks.
And they also had a bin of large brahmas.
I only stopped by to see what they had.
I might have been tempted if they had Wyandottes.
big_smile.png

Stopped at the local TSC chicks are in. I keep telling myself. " It's too early it's too early" I want to wait till the end of the month. Not much of a choice hoping they get SLW or BA. I have some RSL and BSL ordered mid may from Sunnyside hatchery. " It's too early It's too early"

Our TSC in Monroe, Ga had a few chicks/ducks week before last. They had pullets, which they usually get much later.

They had a big biker dude last year who was very knowlegable. Imagine a biker that raises silkies
lau.gif

Gonna call and see if they will order us some Wyandottes.

. . . They had a big biker dude last year who was very knowlegable. Imagine a biker that raises silkies
lau.gif

lau.gif

Wish we had a big biker dude who knew about chickens at our TSC.
No one at our local TSC raises chicks, so they are completely clueless.
It would definitely be helpful if folks would educate themselves BEFORE buying baby chicks.
But that's not gonna happen with the impulse buyers with small children who see the cute baby chicks and feel they just gotta have one.

I think with more of us barnyard chicken owners popping up all over the place, we'll see more TSC employees who own chickens (and bikes).
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom