Chick dying (i think)

nat2009

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 10, 2007
Something is wrong with my chick. Yesterday she was happy and chirping today she acts very sleepy and lazy. Her poop is watery and she has been eating and I hae been giving her water. She is only a week old and very fragile. Iam afraid she is going to die and this is the last one i have left.

Nat.....i so sorry your peep is not doing well. Can you get some pedialite? Its in the baby section at most stores. Get the unflavored. Sounds like she might need some vitamins. Will she eat some boiled egg yolk? It is very good for her. Just the yolk..and dont force feed her, let her get it from your hand. Good luck. I know you have been trying so hard on saveing this one. My thoughts are with you.

The chick is doing better! What is pedialite (or whatever)? Should I get the vitamins from the human baby section in Wal-Mart or something? Or a feed store?

difficult to hazard a guess...but if she has always been poorly...(you said she was your "last"one...did you have others? did they die? what were their symptoms?) You can give her 3 drops of PLYVISOL (liquid childrens vitamins A,B,D) each day for a week and this will give support in addition to electrolytes (they have special ones for poultry at the feed store or birds at the pet store)

My little chick died this morning:( The other chicks (4 orf them) died from different things. I don't exactly remeber what was wrong with the other ones. One still had the yolk attached, one justed keeled over and died after being perfectly fine, one died in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom