Chick feed for all birds.

protodon

Songster
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Nottingham,PA
I have been raising quite a few birds at home this year. I usually get them on the ground as quick as possible so I don't have to clean any brooders or anything. But they still need chick feed for a good long while after that. So I had been trying to feed the babies and adults in separate locations but the adults would eventually discover it and push the babies out of the way. Everytime I bought food I was buying a bag of layer feed and a bag of chick feed.

Now i decided to just feed everyone chick feed and supplement with oyster shells for the layers. I have chickens, ducks geese and quail. Now I know the quail are okay with high protein feed but is this a bad thing for any of the other adult birds I have? It is 24% protein chick feed.

I'm interested in the answer to your question too. Hopefully someone will post a suggestion.
I also have the broody and her chicks mixed in with the flock. I switched them all to the chick starter, with oyster shells available for those laying. I'd wondered about the 24% game bird ration too and if it would be too much for the layers.

Back
Top Bottom