Chick feeder Dilemma

1L basic chick feeder OR 5lb dual port chick feeder

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This would definitely save a lot of money... This is my first-time chicken keeping so I don't have any feeders on hand. How long do you think the feed lasts in the feeder? I leave for a couple of hours a day so I want to make sure that nothing goes wrong.
I have 13 in there with the tan containers they've been in there since Saturday early Sunday I haven't added any feed to what was there. I have 9 in with the red container haven't added any there either. One tan container is a waterer they use it just like the feeder. Make a 1/2 inch hole maybe 1.5 -2 inches up from the bottom of the container. Egg cartons work to, i just have more creamer containers than I do cartons.

You can get two of the smaller feeder if you need to. Or you could get a hanging feeder with the round tray at the bottom. Place it on the floor at first, and gradually raise it higher as they grow. Whatever type, you should cover the open top. I had two pull two chicks out of my open top feeder once! They are naturally tempted to perch on it and can easily fall/jump in and become trapped until they get bigger.

Back
Top Bottom