Chick feeder Dilemma

1L basic chick feeder OR 5lb dual port chick feeder

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thx for the egg carton idea. Guess I just wasted 7.99 on one like the second photo. :he

Well if you get chicks in the future you just bring it back out and voila, feeder ready to go!

I was so cheap with my first batch that I just used small paper plates for feed. Then I "upgraded" to the type you got (the 2nd photo) but didn't bother paying for the mason jar to go with it, so I've been using it without a jar on top. Thankfully the chicks aren't too inclined to sit in it, so poop isn't an issue, so I still see no reason to buy the jar section. :D

Well if you get chicks in the future you just bring it back out and voila, feeder ready to go!

I was so cheap with my first batch that I just used small paper plates for feed. Then I "upgraded" to the type you got (the 2nd photo) but didn't bother paying for the mason jar to go with it, so I've been using it without a jar on top. Thankfully the chicks aren't too inclined to sit in it, so poop isn't an issue, so I still see no reason to buy the jar section. :D
How much do they want for the jar?

4.99 for the plastic ones at tractor supply probably cheaper at Amazon or I use quart Mason jars because I do alot of canning I think 12 jars is about 15 or 20 bucks. Maybe more now I haven't bought jars in a few years.

How much do they want for the jar?

4.99 for the plastic ones at tractor supply probably cheaper at Amazon or I use quart Mason jars because I do alot of canning

Yeah $4-5 sounds about right. I didn't like that I had to buy it separately from the base :p, and I don't can so don't have Mason jars just sitting around.

The base was maybe $2-3, so that was good for an improvement over the paper plates I was using.

Back
Top Bottom