Chick from large breed asst pullets at feed store?

greenmagick

Hatching
11 Years
May 26, 2008
St. Louis, MO
This chick is from a large breed assortment at my local feedstore. I am not sure where they get their chicks from. They are now almost three weeks old and this chick is definitely smaller than the australorp, orpinton, and wyandotte that I got at the same time. It has feathered yellow legs with 4 toes....what is it?

Thanks for looking!!

002.jpg

?? I have no experience other than the chicks I have, but to me it looks just like my bantam brahmas.

Thanks for looking:)

Quote:
Thats what my guess was... Are standard cochins slower growers than others? I had wondered if this was a bantam, but at 2 days old, she was just a smidge smaller and now, is about 2/3 of the size of the others but she also seems less further along....the others all have pretty many feathers and have hit the gangly teen stage where she still looks like a chick.

Quote:
Thats what my guess was... Are standard cochins slower growers than others? I had wondered if this was a bantam, but at 2 days old, she was just a smidge smaller and now, is about 2/3 of the size of the others but she also seems less further along....the others all have pretty many feathers and have hit the gangly teen stage where she still looks like a chick.

I had 2 standards in the past. They took what seemed like forever to grow.

Back
Top Bottom