Chick grit

I know tractor supply has a 25 pound bag of poultry grit for $8 which is what we get, I think you can ship it to your house, or if you have a tractor supply close you could pick it up

If you are referring to the Manna Pro grit at Tractor Supply, that is larger grit for adults. "Chick Grit" is 1/16" to 3/32" so quite tiny. See this image.

screen-shot-2020-06-22-at-6-20-16-am-png.2206463

So I actually have a horticultural application for the chicken grit, and I need hundreds of pounds of it. The five-pound bags would never work on price. The 25 lb bag at $8/bag is about where I need to be. But I need this to be real chick grit #1 (1/16" to 3/32" only, as crushed granite). I was hoping to find a California supplier for the product specification I need, in bulk quantities at bulk pricing. So far no luck.

So I actually have a horticultural application for the chicken grit, and I need hundreds of pounds of it. The five-pound bags would never work on price. The 25 lb bag at $8/bag is about where I need to be. But I need this to be real chick grit #1 (1/16" to 3/32" only, as crushed granite). I was hoping to find a California supplier for the product specification I need, in bulk quantities at bulk pricing. So far no luck.
@westes Hydroponics?

Last edited:
If you are referring to the Manna Pro grit at Tractor Supply, that is larger grit for adults. "Chick Grit" is 1/16" to 3/32" so quite tiny. See this image.

screen-shot-2020-06-22-at-6-20-16-am-png.2206463
As a side note, I run the TS grit via a colander of various sizes. This will allow you to filter out the grit size you require and save the rest for age progression of the Big Girls/Roos.
There is a lot of tiny and small grit naturally in the bags.
Good luck & Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom