Chick grit

If you are referring to the Manna Pro grit at Tractor Supply, that is larger grit for adults. "Chick Grit" is 1/16" to 3/32" so quite tiny. See this image.

screen-shot-2020-06-22-at-6-20-16-am-png.2206463
The only other chick grit is the 5 pound bags for $7

So I actually have a horticultural application for the chicken grit, and I need hundreds of pounds of it. The five-pound bags would never work on price. The 25 lb bag at $8/bag is about where I need to be. But I need this to be real chick grit #1 (1/16" to 3/32" only, as crushed granite). I was hoping to find a California supplier for the product specification I need, in bulk quantities at bulk pricing. So far no luck.

So I actually have a horticultural application for the chicken grit, and I need hundreds of pounds of it. The five-pound bags would never work on price. The 25 lb bag at $8/bag is about where I need to be. But I need this to be real chick grit #1 (1/16" to 3/32" only, as crushed granite). I was hoping to find a California supplier for the product specification I need, in bulk quantities at bulk pricing. So far no luck.
@westes Hydroponics?

Last edited:
If you are referring to the Manna Pro grit at Tractor Supply, that is larger grit for adults. "Chick Grit" is 1/16" to 3/32" so quite tiny. See this image.

screen-shot-2020-06-22-at-6-20-16-am-png.2206463
As a side note, I run the TS grit via a colander of various sizes. This will allow you to filter out the grit size you require and save the rest for age progression of the Big Girls/Roos.
There is a lot of tiny and small grit naturally in the bags.
Good luck & Enjoy!

As a side note, I run the TS grit via a colander of various sizes. This will allow you to filter out the grit size you require and save the rest for age progression of the Big Girls/Roos.
There is a lot of tiny and small grit naturally in the bags.
Good luck & Enjoy!

The problem is this just does not scale well to hundreds of pounds of material.

we put a little chick grit with our chicks separate for their food and they would hardly touch it, they would just knock it down, in the wild they may need grit at an early age because their food isn't in crumbles. We still gave them the chick grit but like I said they didn't really touch it ( I just found this online but have seen other sites say the same thing⤵ are your chicks outside?
20200703_092141.jpg

Back
Top Bottom