Chick Grit

if you use chick starter and they go in the coop at 4-5 weeks with access to 'dirt' and sand you wont need any .. one 'large' bag of chick starter will raise 4 chicks to almost grown lol .. couple months anyway .. of course you can supplement if you want with all kinds of expensive stuff if theyre your babies and pets like anything else and they probably will look healthier lol .. we're talking about chickens here .. they do good with little help generally ..

I stopped using chick grit years ago. Heck, I don’t use grit for my older caged show birds. Never any issues. The parrot folks stopped using grit a while ago, and there’s debate on if we should even be giving it to birds.

I start giving them grit as soon as I get them. Just a pinch and sprinkled on their feed every few days, like lightly salting food.

For 3-4 chicks you'll go through maybe... a Tbsp of grit by the time they outgrow it. :confused: A single bag of chick grit will last the average backyard keeper the rest of their chicken keeping life.

Back
Top Bottom