Chick has booboo not sure what to do

Dec 10, 2017
ok so first time with chicks. I went down to feed them a little bit ago and I always fill the feeder then put some on my had to eat from. Well my on girl chippy always jumps on my hand to eat. Well tonight I noticed a booboo on her. Not sure how to treat it. Any help would be appreciated. She acts normal eating and drinking and running around with the others still. Thanks

Attachments

• 73605CAA-20EB-4695-930A-21E245F4F3AC.jpeg
    73605CAA-20EB-4695-930A-21E245F4F3AC.jpeg
    460.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 313FCCEF-2592-44F6-90A0-F11866DC6EE1.jpeg
    313FCCEF-2592-44F6-90A0-F11866DC6EE1.jpeg
    508.2 KB · Views: 9
Looks like she is being pecked. Use a heat lamp with a red bulb and hang a chick stick in the brooder. Put blue kote on to keep them from continuing the pecking. Good luck with your little girl, she is very pretty!

Looks like she is being pecked. Use a heat lamp with a red bulb and hang a chick stick in the brooder. Put blue kote on to keep them from continuing the pecking. Good luck with your little girl, she is very pretty!
Ok have the heat lamp with the red bulb on them. What is a chick stick?? And what is blue kote where can I buy that. I’m guessing tsc or agway farm store? Thanks for answering so fast

Ok have the heat lamp with the red bulb on them. What is a chick stick?? And what is blue kote where can I buy that. I’m guessing tsc or agway farm store? Thanks for answering so fast
Yes. You can buy both at tsc I believe. a chick stick-
D5DE15FF-1C5E-454E-AC6B-811669B04430.png

It’s basically a bunch of chick treats mashed together that they peck st to keep from pecking each other.
Blue kote is a special “cream” and it is blue. You put it on cuts or pecked spots and it tastes yuck so the chicks will stop pecking.

Yes. You can buy both at tsc I believe. a chick stick-
View attachment 1305827
It’s basically a bunch of chick treats mashed together that they peck st to keep from pecking each other.
Blue kote is a special “cream” and it is blue. You put it on cuts or pecked spots and it tastes yuck so the chicks will stop pecking.
Awesome. Thanks so much. I will be getting both of them tomorrow!

No problem glad to be of help!
Ok so I got the stuff and they are really picking at her now with that on. It was a spray. Do they make something else I can try? And they are afraid of the chick stick. Lol. They are all staying in one corner so they don’t have to go by it.

Ok so I got the stuff and they are really picking at her now with that on. It was a spray. Do they make something else I can try? And they are afraid of the chick stick. Lol. They are all staying in one corner so they don’t have to go by it.
No it is a blue cream

Back
Top Bottom