Chick hatched early? Accidentally shrink wrapped

Akihimeko

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2022
This is our chick who we accidentally shrink wrapped ( we were able to get it out without damage after watching YouTube) this is day two of it being out of it's egg. We were albe to sirenge feed it (warm water and a bit of chick food (first time hatching our own eggs I usually buy chicks) it hasn't open its eyes yet but can lift it's body with it's head, very vocal and kicks about. We had it in the incubator for 2 days.(sorry if I repeat myself) we are sure what to do to help it better. Advice would be great can upload more photo or video if need be

This is our chick who we accidentally shrink wrapped ( we were able to get it out without damage after watching YouTube) this is day two of it being out of it's egg. We were albe to sirenge feed it (warm water and a bit of chick food (first time hatching our own eggs I usually buy chicks) it hasn't open its eyes yet but can lift it's body with it's head, very vocal and kicks about. We had it in the incubator for 2 days.(sorry if I repeat myself) we are sure what to do to help it better. Advice would be great can upload more photo or video if need be
The picture hasn’t attached on your post, but I would give some sugar water, nutri-drench or something similar to give it a boost. Mix the chick food with warm water to make a sloppy mash so it can go through a syringe if that is the only way of feeding. Can you post more pics and a video would be helpful. You have to post the video on another platform like YouTube or something, then copy on to here.

The picture hasn’t attached on your post, but I would give some sugar water, nutri-drench or something similar to give it a boost. Mix the chick food with warm water to make a sloppy mash so it can go through a syringe if that is the only way of feeding. Can you post more pics and a video would be helpful. You have to post the video on another platform like YouTube or something, then copy on to here.
IMG_20220616_044725.jpg

None of the others have hatch or made sounds it was the only one we heard this week today would be day 23 as far as I have marked.
Also this one we still keep it in the incubator as we were worried about having it outside of it. Since it seems to me like it was born to early with the whole closed eyes and not acting like a chick that I've seen in videos

None of the others have hatch or made sounds it was the only one we heard this week today would be day 23 as far as I have marked.
The baby chick seems to me to be premature, keep it in the incubator until it gets stronger to keep its body temperature up. Are you sure it is day 23? What was your temp and humidity levels? I’ll tag a few ppl in that can also advise @casportpony @3KillerBs @Kiki @PippinTheChicken
Are there no signs of any pips on the other eggs? I’d try not to open the incubator unless absolutely necessary. What made you think your chick was shrink wrapped? The video looks normal to me, but I am only on my phone.

Back
Top Bottom