Chick hatched with yolk!

roosty

Songster
11 Years
Jul 3, 2008
Georgia
I may lose this one....I woke up this mornig to this in the bator...it hatched durring the night....
12683_dsc07171.jpg

12683_dsc07170.jpg

Im not sure if you can see but it almost looks like there is part of intestine is hanging out!!!
12683_dsc07173.jpg

It seems active...sitting up and trying to get out of the little thing I have it in but it may not make it.....its weird though...all the other chicks hatched out perfectly...just this one is like this....

I guess this goes to show even if you dont help ...this can still happen

Poor baby...i hope it makes it
sad.png

I had one hatch like that and it did not make it. Look closely at it and see if it's wing or leg is through the afterbirth stuff. Mine had done that and if i had caught it earlier, it could have sucked its insides in before it lost its effort to do so.

Yes, check and see... I had one hatch with it's leg wrapped in intestine..... I managed to free the leg and that chick grew into a lovely hen....still awaiting eggs though
wink.png

Last edited:
I looked...no legs or wings stuck in the intestine. It is starting to bleed a little bit though...My DH says I need to cull it...to put it out of mysery(sp)...I dont know, I want to give it a chance.
Is there any way it can somehow get its intestine back inside of it? I just dont see how though.

Back
Top Bottom