Chick hatched without beak!

My goose had a similar situation at birth. I had to hand feed him until he was old enough to get a prosthetic beak attached. Expensive surgery, but well worth it. His bday is 3/27 and he's doing great....
Hi! My son incubated and hatched 2 chicks. One was born with no top beak! He has been in the incubator 3 days now and it’s time he starts eating but I don’t know what to give him. Any ideas or advice?
D a
Hi! My son incubated and hatched 2 chicks. One was born with no top beak! He has been in the incubator 3 days now and it’s time he starts eating but I don’t know what to give him. Any ideas or advice?

One of my geese
Had a similar issue

I had a s

Yogurt it is worth a shot. We have a hen who was born with a severe cross bill and could not eat. We started mixing her mash with yogurt so it was soft and sticky. She is now 3 years old, her name is C.C. (short for Criss Cross), lays eggs and lives a normal chicken life. But we still have to separate her 3 times a day, because she eats slow and needs time to eat with out the other hens around.

Back
Top Bottom