Chick ID cockerel or hen.

Were they private flock hatched or retail purchase?
Does kiwi have feathered or clean legs?
Did you have to catch Henrietta? The flush could just be from excitement...comb is small and barring is that of a female *or* a male black sex link, but there should be zero "oops"or surprise cockerels with bsl unless the consumer doesnt know what bsl means and they are offered straight run(which, why would they be?)
Kiwi does have feathered legs. We got her and coconut and we’re told they were silkies. They were WRONG I found out coconut is a white duulce(I spelled that wrong probably)

I think there might be hope for Henrietta. could u take a full body picture of Henrietta and Gertrude next to each other? As for Coconut I'm definitely thinking cockerel...

Attachments

• 5F67520D-1DCA-4EA8-86EF-0369DAE7471F.jpeg
    5F67520D-1DCA-4EA8-86EF-0369DAE7471F.jpeg
    879.3 KB · Views: 7
Kiwi does have feathered legs. We got her and coconut and we’re told they were silkies. They were WRONG I found out coconut is a white duulce(I spelled that wrong probably)
Kiwi is likey a dark brahma and would be a pullet based on pattern...can you show her comb bud in a pic? If it's a pea comb bud that would confirm brahma, yes they come in bantam.
The two barred are pullets

Kiwi is likey a dark brahma and would be a pullet based on pattern...can you show her comb bud in a pic? If it's a pea comb bud that would confirm brahma, yes they come in bantam.
The two barred are pullets
So the barred are definitely hens?

Attachments

• 2DB7E691-E362-4B4B-B9E6-F11A893E4EC6.jpeg
    2DB7E691-E362-4B4B-B9E6-F11A893E4EC6.jpeg
    535.8 KB · Views: 6
I'm still new at this but from what I've read, it's fine to have 2 roosters but you need to be sure to have enough hens for them. If you only have those 4 then 2 roosters is way too much for just 2 hens.
No it's not only if there young roosters, at the moment I have 5 roosters and only 5 hens and only 4 they can only breed with 3 of them because ones way too small (Red Jungle Fowl Hen)

Back
Top Bottom