Chick ID help Please! Only feather-footed Bantams

happybooker1

Songster
11 Years
Oct 4, 2012
Huntsville Texas
These could be Cochins, Bramas, Porcelain, Mille Fleur (don't think any are), Silkies (none that I can identify), or Sultans. I *think* the light bluish ones are Porcelains -- is that correct? The mostly black ones are some color of Cochin I believe. Any further ideas?

The big 'mystery' chick I've been told is an Amerucana (sp) because of his/her fat cheeks.

~ it would really help to take pics of the chicks combs and a full body shot from the side.

brahma will have pea combs and feathered legs
ee's will have beards, slate or green leags, and none feathered legs (hatchery ameraucana are ee's)
cochin will have single combs and feathered legs
d'uccle will have beards, single combs, and feathered legs
silkies will have crest, may or may not have beards, have walnut combs, 5 toes, black skin and feathered legs
sultin will have crest, beards, 5 toes, feathered legs, and come in only white

~ porcelain and mille fleur are colors and not breeds and without comb shots it will be very hard to tell what breeds.

~ the mystery chick if its that much bigger is a standard chick and not a bantam.

If these chicks came from a hatchery you can go to the feather legged bantam section and look for chick pictures. Leg color, comb type, number of toes and crests should help to narrow it down.

Back
Top Bottom