chick identification

Bigfatchicken

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 9, 2009
sarasota, Florida
I recently bought 8 bantam chicks from tractor supply. They were all the same age and size when they were purchased. I noticed recently that one of the chicks has doubled in weight and size compared to the others. He is alot taller, and just generally larger. I am hoping that someone can tell me what he might be, and if he is indeed a bantam, or if they mixed up and he is going to be a full size chicken.

45521_img_0471.jpg

45521_img_0473.jpg

45521_img_0474.jpg

these chicks are only about 10 days old, maybe 11. are the chances high that he could be a standard size? I just cant believe how fast he doubled weight compared to the other ones.

so since I have 7 other bantam chicks for sure, will I be able to keep him with them when they get older? Or will he pick on them since he will grow to be larger than them. I am very curious as to what kind of chicken he will become.

Definitely looks like what our JG chicks looked like at age. JGs are awesome, but definitely MUCH bigger than bantams! Our hens range between 7 and 10 lbs and our JG roo is about 12 lbs (and still filling out).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom