Chick in need of help

Is that navel healing?
It's good that she's moving around.
How is she doing with eating/drinking?
Poop better and formed?
I wanted to take a moment to thank you you didn’t have to help, and I really appreciate that you did. Hopefully keeping this clean and ointment on it, will bring her back around. I have to assume we got her this way, from the time I noticed her odd behavior and gave it a few hours watching to see if she was just sleepy, to the time we got the chics was only about 24 hours.

I wanted to take a moment to thank you you didn’t have to help, and I really appreciate that you did. Hopefully keeping this clean and ointment on it, will bring her back around. I have to assume we got her this way, from the time I noticed her odd behavior and gave it a few hours watching to see if she was just sleepy, to the time we got the chics was only about 24 hours.
You're very kind:hugs

Yes, I would think she came that way too. I know it's concerning, I do hope that she heals and thrives.

You are doing a good job taking care of her.

Yes, I would think she came that way too. I know it's concerning, I do hope that she heals and thrives.

We have all heard of puppy mills, well the place we got the first 5 at was basically a bird mill. It was saddening seeing it.

Ohh and if you want a good laugh the brooder box is in our bedroom, so we see them and watch them all the time lol. Wife isn’t happy with the sickly one she is constantly chirping (loudly) trying to find her flock mates. Wife keeps saying hush or your the first pot luck dinner lol

Ohh and if you want a good laugh the brooder box is in our bedroom, so we see them and watch them all the time lol. Wife isn’t happy with the sickly one she is constantly chirping (loudly) trying to find her flock mates. Wife keeps saying hush or your the first pot luck dinner lol
LOL
Is the brooder large enough to place a screen divider so she can be near and see the others?
A stuffed animal for her to snuggle with may help a little too.

Has the navel closed up? Anything hanging out of it?
The worry would be another chick picking at that vent and/or navel and causing damage.

LOL
Is the brooder large enough to place a screen divider so she can be near and see the others?

The worry would be another chick picking at that vent and/or navel and causing damage.
LOL

That’s funny you should mention the stuffed animal that’s the first thing my wife did last night. She’s been all over it lol.

Ya I should be able to build a divider in the brooder I’ll have to build a small frame to put some screen on, I’ll work on that here in a few.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 0
LOL

Naval looks more closed up still doesn’t look 100% normal yet, it isn’t as red and puffy it looks more natural skin color, with out her fur and all hard to tell how much it’s actually sticking out. For the like bright red dot in the middle way could see last night on the pictures, that appears gone.

She is eating great and pooping normal, after her bath, cleaner, and more antibiotic cream, she pooped like 3 times ( I’m sure we are stressing her a little cleaning and all) poop is green and normal looking, not the watery clear we had.

Good.
Poop is green? That may be normal depending on how old, but it should start turning brownish (again depending on what she's eating).

Once the navel closes up and her vent looks more normal (is not attractive to pecking) then I would put her back.

Well I regret to say this little one didn’t make it. She made a small recovery the first day, but then slowly turned for the worse. She was found dead this morning. I checked on her around 3am and she was in bad shape, so I helped her get some water and let her be hoping she it would help since she hasn’t ate or drank much. In the end I am sure you are right she had more issues internally then we could fix, looking at her flock mates she was half the size and not the brightest bird, had to stop her a few times from drowning her self, before she got sick. Rest of the flock seems fine and a few are growing feathers and running around like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom