Chick is not growing and constantly peeping...

I don't think I'd worry too much about her size yet. At this age she shouldn't be getting anything but a good chick starter feed. Some polyvisol (no iron) in the water would be ok though. I'm glad she's doing better.

Perhaps she is smaller than the others because she is younger? When you buy chicks from a feed store, they are not all the same age. Maybe she's just going to be a petite gal.

I have a week old hatchling on wood shavings as well. same symptoms. how much olive oil did you try? I used an eyedropper and put a small drop on her beak. Is that enough?

Well I think I used too much when I did it, about 30 units on the syringe. I would think a few drops would work from what I've read around though. I put the syringe a bit down her throat to avoid getting oil in her windpipe since I think that is under their tongue.

I bought the poly-vi-sol and have been giving her a drop or two directly, and have been putting a few drops in their water. Unfortunately her odd breath smell is back. I'll keep feeding them yogurt and see if that helps; we had been camping for about a week and I forgot to bring their yogurt along. She has gained an ounce or two over the course of a few days, so I'm not going to worry too much about her. I'll just give it some time and hope everything turns out well.

yippiechickie.gif

R u sure she isn't a bantam? We had this happen in reserve. We purchased bantams and got a full size Cochin roo! Our bantams all peep more than regular size.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom