Chick keeps on sneezing?!?!?!?

animal-lover99

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 15, 2013
Connecticut
My Sultan chick won't stop sneezing. She is the only chick out of 11 who does this. She sneezes ALOT like once every 5 minutes sometimes more. And she's been doing this since I got her!!!(for 3 1/2 weeks) is she sick? What should I do?!?!
(She will even sneeze in her sleep and wake herself up. It's been more frequent then when I first got her. When I first got her she would sneeze occasionally but now very frequently)

Last edited:
Wish I could help. This post caught my eye because I also have a chick (4 week old Ameraucana) that sneezes quite often. It's the only 1 out of 10 that sneezes and he/she seems to do it a lot. Hope someone comes by with some info...

TaI have a sultan chick doing the same thing, but she doesnt sneeze in her sleep. doesnt act or look sick. would love to know why!

I'm having the same issue with a 4 day old silkie chick!

He sneezes about 1 to 60 times a minute! As in continuously. He has no other symptoms: doesn't look lethargic, he's running around, eating and drinking, eyes look normal and no nostril discharge. The poor thing is even sneezing while he tries to sleep! Just like your saying.

The brooder is clean with pine shavings, clean water and food. Kept at 89-90F. They don't look cold.

I noticed a couple of other chicks are sneezing everyone in a while now but not as bad as the runt silkie.

I'm hoping my chicks are just sneezing due to dust or allergies and that they are not sick.

If anyone has advice, it sounds like many of us have the same concerns!

Mine had allergies and was sick but got better in a week. It almost stopped sneezing completely as soon as I brought her out the the coop and out of the brooder

Back
Top Bottom