Chick keeps rolling piping egg.

It doesn't take much blood loss to kill a chick. Having said that, I have had a few chicks bleed when zipping but they did survive and hatched without any other issues. My recent hatch, over the last 3 days, I had one bleed but it survived. I did have 5 which either pipped or zipped then died. I'm convinced it was a humidity issue.
The egg rolled out the incubator and fell on the floor it hadn’t piped yet I was so scared the guy wasn’t going to survive. The egg did bleed, very scary situation.

That was always a fear for me especially rolling them before they pip.not good to roll out of position. I solved this by making cardboard circles around the eggs to prevent this. I had one die that way.
And if you need to place them back. The eggs should. pip at the 2 o'clock position. Based on 12 being at the top of the side of the eggs.

That was always a fear for me especially rolling them before they pip.not good to roll out of position. I solved this by making cardboard circles around the eggs to prevent this. I had one die that way.
That is great idea! Thanks your sharing!😊 This was my first time incubating eggs, I was oblivious to the fact that they roll on their own. My heart dropped when it rolled.

Back
Top Bottom