Chick minimum sale, RI

Alot of people will be listing their chicks on Craislist so you may be able to find some standard breeds there. You could also try posting an add on Craigslist yourself. Plus you can check local farm auctions. Plus Smith Farm Store if you have any near you can order chicks for you. Rural King perhaps?? I don't know what kind of farm stores you have where you live but you definitely have possibilities there. Good luck!

Quote:
Unfortunately know one at this time. We just moved into the country from the city and know one here is into it.
I did find some one that will sell 1 to what ever he has to sell.

Thanks every one for your info. I 've found I can buy a couple locally.

Remember, like I always told my techs: If your not sure ask or you might not come up with right answer and then you're the stupid one.

I really don't think we need to be bringing political affiliation into this thread...? I don't think anyone, regardless of their political stance, would argue that this law isn't at the least misguided and really poorly planned. And politics is a can of worms that will get your thread locked.

Bob- did you check the state threads or auctions/sales to see if anyone on here may have chicks? This time of year, I'm sure someone in southern New England's got 2-3 chicks they could part with.

And Jimmy- for a lot of people, hatchery stock is fine and dandy- if you're looking for a couple hens to lay for your family, or as a pet, you don't need show quality birds. A whole lot of people are totally content with their hatchery stock, and there's nothing wrong with that. Also, of course they're going to be hatchery quality! That's where they get them from.

I read our city ordinance and it says that farm stores have sale a minimum of 5 chicks, so in some states they are following the law. Good luck.

Quote:
Unfortunately know one at this time. We just moved into the country from the city and know one here is into it.
I did find some one that will sell 1 to what ever he has to sell.

I can't say I've heard of either one of those stores. I'll check them out. Mail order is my last resort, but still a good option.

Sorry for being short with you. My 2 day migraine has gotten the best of me.

Quote:
whats the point anyway. the employees no nothing about the product they are selling. the product is hatchery quality at best. we have too many laws and too many offended people.

jimmy
tea party and libertarian

Quote:
I knew 12 had to be nuts.

Some states require 12 birds; some require 6; some have no minimum. And a city or county could implement an ordinance for a minimum even if a state has none. Mail-ordering in most cases requires a minimum of 25, which is more than twice the 12 you object to. The minimum number is usually chicks up to a certain age--something like 6 weeks--so you could simply purchase slightly older birds and avoid minimums that way.

I ran into this very issue- I live in NH. What I did was buy the required 12 and then post an ad on Craigslist for 6 free chicks the very day I bought them. I have never been so popular. The chicks were picked up within an hour. You will have no problem getting rid of them if you do it that way
smile.png

Quote:
That's a thought, I could even sell them RI Reds are scarce in RI. LOL

Back
Top Bottom