Chick NAMES?????

yuckyuck.gif
I bet
Especially when you have food!
lol.png

Mama (when we first got our first set, she was the biggest of all of them, so she started as "Big Mama", but now she is smaller than all of them, so it's just Mama now), Foghorn, Charlie, Goose (is going through an identity crisis, he honks like a goose instead of making chicken noises), Turkey Chicken (my son thought he looked like a turkey, so he named him that and it stuck), Cricket (the Polish in my avatar), Maxine, Mr T (has a mohawk), Gilligan, Fancy Pants (her tail feathers stuck straight up when we first got her, but not anymore), Georgia. The rest don't have names.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to name mine in case I decided to eat them, but they all have names based on their personalities or characteristics. My family thought it was funny to suggest food based names (buffalo, cor don blue, fried, barbeque, baked, etc).

My most recent bunch are white Sultans and I named them mostly names that refer to their color: Luna, Pearl, Ivory, Lightning, and then there's Zeus, just because he's a magnificent beast...til you hear him try to crow and it sounds like a loud...TWEET.
lau.gif

Oh well, he'll learn.

deb g

We have 27 and there are a few who stand out -- Clementine is everyone's favourite, Florence, Henny, Loudy (3yo named) and Roo (suspected rooster.... dont get attached, don't get attached....). There's also a vague group of Honey, Lovey and Stripey (7 yo named), but they all look the same as others. My guess is there are at least two Honeys, two Loveys and two Stripeys. Otherwise they are just the "Girls," although DH calls them his "Ladies."
wink.png

I refer to them all as "babies" but have named a few so far: Gazpacho, Chamomile (always falling asleep), Peanut (the smallest). Not sure how many our friends are going to take back, so trying not to get too attached. These 5 hatched on their farm while we were farm-sitting.

We've also thought about:
Dr. Pecker
Col. Sanders
Eggwardo

Having an easier time with boys names than girls for some reason. My other chicks are coming Aug 2-4 and I have to see their personalities but was considering naming them after different spices and seasonings.

Back
Top Bottom