Chick Noris, from hatch to now.

DellaNTuff

Chirping
May 17, 2018
I wanted to share this cool little guys story!
Early this spring our middle daughter turned 6 and took all her birthday cash with her to the "odd and unusual auction" with plans to buy a chicken of her own. She looked and looked and decided on a pair of bantams all that was on the box for info was
"2017 hatch silver old English pair". She bid and won her rooster (curious) and hen (shy).
FB_IMG_1525574105135.jpg

No they are not silver lol. About 2 hours after they were home Shy layed an egg... See where this is going.

I was just getting ready to put some eggs into the incubator so we saved it and wouldn't you know! Hatched this cute little ball of fluff.
20180515_115557.jpg

He took charge of the brooder, the only bantam chick and he was boss, enter his name "chick noris" and you don't mess with him.

But even though he turned out to be a he and a pretty tough guy he has always loved being handled and his little girl.
20180526_194413.jpg

20180605_194956.jpg

And then it turned out there was quite a bit of color hiding under those black baby feathers ..
chicknoris1.jpg

chicknoris.jpg

Even though he ended up a he.. My girls all just love him, And I still can not believe that hen had a viable fertile egg within 2 hours of her being home, still amazes me every time I look at him.

Thank you! She is very dedicated to her chickens.
She has sold a few chicks and eggs and has saved all the money to build her bantams a winter house so we don't have to ever mix them with the big roosters.

She's a great little girl, I'm lucky to get to pretend I'm doing a good job rasing her lol.

Back
Top Bottom