Chick not able to stand up firmly..

Simpleman1

Songster
Aug 31, 2018
Kerala, India
Hello everyone, i just recently received 13 chicks of the 15 i gave for hatching in a nearby local farm.out of the 13 one chick seems too wobbly to stand up. It's trying so hard to stand up but failing everytime. Is there anything i can do here?

O
Hello everyone, i just recently received 13 chicks of the 15 i gave for hatching in a nearby local farm.out of the 13 one chick seems too wobbly to stand up. It's trying so hard to stand up but failing everytime. Is there anything i can do here?
My chick has the same problem! She is 7 weeks old now and I showed her to the doctor. She actually has deficiency problems and needs proper supplements. I also gave her Cocci treatment and am now going to deworm too.

So, please do take your chicks to the doctor. I didn't know much about raising chicks and still don't. The only thing I can say is to take care of their diet and make sure that the feed you are feeding them is wholesome for their bodies.

How old is the chick? What is the bedding like your using? Try using some Nutri-Drench with this chick, it's great stuff for a struggling chick. If you can post some pics of the chick.

I recently got a VERY wobbly chick from a shipment of chicks. Because she couldn't eat alone I made a mash out of egg yolk, nutri drench, and some of the chick feed and fed it too her with a straw, like so:
20181016_210242.jpg

Once she figured out how to eat like this, I offered her some water with save a chick and some dissolved vitamin B using this straw method. It worked really well.
I fed her as often as I could like this for a couple of days, and she was completely recovered by the end of it!

I recently got a VERY wobbly chick from a shipment of chicks. Because she couldn't eat alone I made a mash out of egg yolk, nutri drench, and some of the chick feed and fed it too her with a straw, like so:
View attachment 1573322
Once she figured out how to eat like this, I offered her some water with save a chick and some dissolved vitamin B using this straw method. It worked really well.
I fed her as often as I could like this for a couple of days, and she was completely recovered by the end of it!
Awesome job!! That's the way to go to take care of your chick.
BTW, your sweatshirt cuff looks like most of mine!

Awesome job!! That's the way to go to take care of your chick.
BTW, your sweatshirt cuff looks like most of mine!
The rest of the sweatshirt is in similar shape lol, farming is hard on clothes!

Anyways, I don't know if what worked for me will work for OP, but it is certainly worth a try!

@Simpleman1
How old are they?
Have you dipped the beak to get it to drink?
What are you using for heat?
Do you have any poultry vitamins available?
A bit if sugar water might help.
Some chicks just don't make it.

@Simpleman1
How old are they?
Have you dipped the beak to get it to drink?
What are you using for heat?
Do you have any poultry vitamins available?
A bit if sugar water might help.
Some chicks just don't make it.
They are about
So I am thinking spaddle leg as it is only in chicks. All you need to do is tie some yarn around the legs but not too tight or too lose
How old is the chick? What is the bedding like your using? Try using some Nutri-Drench with this chick, it's great stuff for a struggling chick. If you can post some pics of the chick.
They are about 3 days old now.Yes,i have dipped its beak in water.I'm using a incandescent bulb for heat. I am currently feeding them grower feed which i got from the farm itself and sometimes sugar water.I'm using wood shavings on top of newspaper as bedding.I have tied a small rubber band around that chick.Now it's walking around quite better but not as much others.Here are some pics
IMG_20181029_185540.jpg
IMG_20181029_185621.jpg
IMG_20181029_185318.jpg

How often should we change the bedding?

Back
Top Bottom