Chick not able to walk right

Sugar water is a first aid measure for baby chicks that appear weak and uncoordinated. It elevates the glucose levels in the tiny body, especially the brain, and this provides immediate energy that can help "jump-start" a struggling chick.

We also give electrolytes, minerals such as sodium potassium, chloride, and bicarbonate (table salt and baking soda) that help nerve function in muscles, especially the heart muscle.

Gatoraid has all if the above and can help to stabilize a sick chick.

Sugar, in itself, is not "healthy". It's useful, however, as a means to give any sick animal or human quick energy to prevent shock.

Sugar water is a first aid measure for baby chicks that appear weak and uncoordinated. It elevates the glucose levels in the tiny body, especially the brain, and this provides immediate energy that can help "jump-start" a struggling chick.

We also give electrolytes, minerals such as sodium potassium, chloride, and bicarbonate (table salt and baking soda) that help nerve function in muscles, especially the heart muscle.

Gatoraid has all if the above and can help to stabilize a sick chick.

Sugar, in itself, is not "healthy". It's useful, however, as a means to give any sick animal or human quick energy to prevent shock.
Another question. After this one, I had another chick hatch completely on it's own. But it cannot fully open one of it's legs. Other then that, it can eat and drink just fine. It seems painful if I try and open the leg.

Things I have a served, joints look and feel exactly the same. She's been this way since the exact moment she came out of the egg. She's able to stay completely upright on her own. She can get around to food and water without help. Sheirs no painful peeping except when I try and move the leg to the right position. I have felt nothing out of place of the join in question, though the metatarsus or tibia bones (can't tell which) feels like it may be twisted.

Back
Top Bottom