Chick not responding

pixel bat

Hatching
Jul 9, 2021
I have had this chick for a while now, what, about 3 weeks i think? Anyway, yesterday, one of my chicks passed, and we have NO idea why. But this one, Omelet, she is a strong chick, and loves running about, eating, drinking water, digging...but today, for some reason, she's just...sleeping. I kept the brooder on, and i've even felt inside, and it's super warm...i just don't get it

What are you feeding?
It's recommended the brooder be 95* for the first week they hatch, decreasing 5* every week after. Depending on your climate temp and type of heating you're using maybe the cause. Check the poop color ... How many chicks do you have ... Where are you located ... Are they from a feed store, hatchery or breeder?

What are you feeding?
It's recommended the brooder be 95* for the first week they hatch, decreasing 5* every week after. Depending on your climate temp and type of heating you're using maybe the cause. Check the poop color ... How many chicks do you have ... Where are you located ... Are they from a feed store, hatchery or breeder?
well, i had three, they all passed away :(

Im very sorry you lost them. If you feel up to answering the questions others asked here, we will do our best to help you make sure it doesnt happen again.

When you mentioned your brooder was "super warm", it is possible it was Too hot for the chicks. Can you recreate the brooder conditions the chicks were living in, put a thermometer in the brooder, & check the temperature reading? The type and Age of feed could be a reason they died too. As could other possible reasons mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom