Chick not thriving

Liana Sanders

Hatching
May 20, 2019
I got 6 chicks last week and all are doing well except one. She is not growing as fast as her sisters, seems to be sleeping more and has wing feathers that stick out from her body (which she had from day 1). I have not separated her because the other chicks are not picking on her and she is able to eat and drink just fine. I am figuring there is some inherent issue and she will either make it or not, but I wanted to make sure there was not something I should be doing for her. I included a couple pictures that show her wings. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 20190520_060857.jpg
    20190520_060857.jpg
    688.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190520_061659.jpg
    20190520_061659.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 7
She looks like she has splayed legs. This could be why she isn't moving around much. Does she walk normal? Our 2 month old Sussex isn't really that big either.

She looks like she has splayed legs. This could be why she isn't moving around much. Does she walk normal? Our 2 month old Sussex isn't really that big either.
She moves just fine and I don't think she is splayed. I have seen that before. When she is active she is running around like everyone else.

If they are not picking on her, then I think she will be okay. This may come back to haunt her in the future if she still refuses to grow. She might just be a late bloomer, lets's wait and see.

I think she might just be little. If she's eating and drinking plus running, she's doing quite well some like her don't even make it to that point. If they're not picking on her then I wouldn't separate her. I've had chicks that seem like they're not growing and half the size of their siblings then all of a sudden they become the biggest in the group.

Back
Top Bottom