Chick order waiting crew

I ordered from My Pet Chicken because I live in a neighborhood where I can't have roos and I only have a small backyard.

I am expecting delivery the week of July 14th:

1- Barred Rock pullet
1- Easter Egger pullet
1- Buff Laced Polish pullet
1- Australorp pullet
1- Golden Laced Wyandotte pullet
1- Silver Laced Wyandotte pullet

It feels like forever away!!
th.gif

This is my first foray into chickies. We're in the city, so our order was small. We're so in love...

Got my order last Wednesday from MPC, delivered right to my door - 5 Buff Orps. I had asked for 2 BOs and 2 Black Australorps, but I guess the BA's weren't available, so got 4 BOs and an extra. All arrived alive and very healthy. And OMG so cute. I have one very spoiled little runt - she peeps and peeps and peeps until someone picks her up, then she falls straight asleep. She's got us exactly where she wants us - grin.

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

I ordered from Welp... they are being shipped June 2nd. This is a replacement order for the box I got on 5/14... 14 out of 25 were DOA
hit.gif
But they offered to replace the whole order for nothing
smile.png

ANYWAY! I ordered -

8 White Egg Pullets
9 Brown Egg Pullets
5 EE Pullets
1 EE Male
1 Danish Brown Leghorn Male
1 Lakenvelder Male

Cross your fingers that they are all alive!!! If they all live that means I'll have "a few" more chickens than I thought I would... but oh well! C'est la vie!!

We received a shipment of Rainbow Assortment layers on May 5th. MM Received 28 (including the Freebie)

One died the day of delivery and another one died this past week (looked like a barred rock who never grew).

3 weeks later and I'm still trying to figure out what I got.

I can identify:
1 white crested black polish
1 buff orphinton
1 buff cochin
2 other feather footed gals - probably cochins
1 columbian wyandotte

Possible
Lakenvelder
Gold laced wyandotte
brown Leghorn

Of course, I have a few EEs and some that I have no clue right now.

I'm really happy that there is this shortage of baby chicks - that we had to wait longer, etc. As a result, I think I received more of a variety than one normally gets with this assortment. (PS yea! no RIRs or Sex links!)

In two weeks we have an order coming in from Ideal. Some Black Australorps, Chanteclers, Russian Orloffs and Silkies.

The fun starts all over again.

I ordered my babies from My Pet Chicken 4/26

I got my 10 beautiful babies today!

4 Light Brown Leghorns
4 Barred Plymouth Rocks
1 Golden Phoenix
1 White Crested Blue Polish

I am in LOVE!!!
smile.png

Last edited:
I ordered from our local feed store - the 10 RIR's were supposed to hatch the end of April, I was told recently (after most of us have gotten chicks else where, so we'll have some RIR pullet extras) that we won't get them till sometime in June.

How depressing is that??

Louella

I ordered from Ideal and they are suppose to ship on June 24. I can't wait! I ordered

2 RIR Pullets
2 BR Pullets
2 Golden Sex Link Pullets

June can not come fast enough for me!!! I want fuzzybutts!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I wanted Salmon Faverolles so I am having to wait. We originally were only having the 6 girls and the co-op did not order Faverolles. The girls got here and did great. Then we found a property to buy and hubby said I could order more so coming from Meyer Hatchery - Hatch date 7/21/08 will be:

5 Salmon Faverolles pullets
2 RIR pullets
3 Ameraucana pullets
4 Golden Buff pullets
1 Gold-Laced Wyandotte pullet
1 Blue Cochin pullet (standard)
1 Red Cochin pullet (standard)
1 Dominique pullet
1 BO pullet
1 Black Australorp pullet
1 Partridge Rock

So the girls should be here on July 23rd and we will move o the new place a week later.

Now if I do not call Meyer back and add more to that order.
wink.png

Well at least I'm not the only one who is still waiting...I was feeling like i was the only one without any chicks!

CityChook-I love your babies!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom