Chick orders from My Pet Chicken

djunafarms

Chirping
Mar 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Hi :frow

For those of you who have ordered from MPC, how long did your order take to arrive? My shipment will leave the hatchery this afternoon/evening (monday). My minimum required chick order was 4 to my address. The express mail truck arrives at my P.O. every morning between 8:30 and 10 a.m. Any chance they will be here tomorrow morning (tuesday)? Or is Wednesday most likely? Anyone else with a required minimum of 4 chicks, how long did your chicks take?

Also, did your chicks arrive healthy?

Thanks!

It also depends on when the order leave the hatchery in Ohio. One of my orders was delayed twelve hours because the staff missed the outgoing truck. As a rule, you should get your chicks in no more than three days. This time of year, your chicks should encounter no freezing weather which does affect mortality.

I got mine the next day. They were shipped Wednesday, arrived Thursday.

Definitely keep an eye on the tracking because mine said it arrived and I didn't get a call from the PO, yet when I went to pick them up there was a note on the package that they had left me a message. (I didn't get any messages).

Just now got the email with a tracking #. It says they'll be here tomorrow by 3! I guess I'm skeptical they can actually make it from Ohio to Texas by tomorrow because the express mail truck arrives at our P.O. so early each morning. We will see. Thank you for your responses! :highfive:

Didn't they send you an email with a USPS tracking number? The tracking data should tell you when to expect delivery.

Ordered several times from MPC and the chicks were shipped on Monday afternoon and arrived Tuesday around 1, all alive and healthy.
Then three years ago the post office went to the HUB system. Instead of coming directly, the peeps had to go to Philadelphia for a transfer to come here and they were lost in Philadelphia and sat for three days. Worse yet, although it was spring (I wouldn't order in the coldest weather.) we had unseasonably cold weather and by the time they arrived I lost a quarter of the order.
It was very upsetting, but hopefully that is a rare happening.

Ordered several times from MPC and the chicks were shipped on Monday afternoon and arrived Tuesday around 1, all alive and healthy.
Then three years ago the post office went to the HUB system. Instead of coming directly, the peeps had to go to Philadelphia for a transfer to come here and they were lost in Philadelphia and sat for three days. Worse yet, although it was spring (I wouldn't order in the coldest weather.) we had unseasonably cold weather and by the time they arrived I lost a quarter of the order.

Yeah, I had a similar occurrence, although not with MPC. I made an order for 10 BRs in early March (bad idea). When I made the order the weather around the country was unusually warm, unknown to me they only shipped chicks on Tuesdays. Well, by the time Tuesday rolled around a blizzard had come into the area the chicks were being shipped from. They shipped the chicks anyway. By the time chicks arrived at my place on Friday, all but one of the 11 appeared dead. And the one was barely holding on. At the end I was able to save three of the 11. I went & got 3 more locally, one of which also died a few days later. So all in told, I lost nine of fourteen chicks. Fortunately the remaining five, now 13 weeks old are healthy & doing well.

Mine were shipped last Wed and the post office called me at 3am on Friday that they were here. I live in Independence MO . I had stopped in the PO on Thursday after work to check and the woman me not to be surprised at a middle of the night call. Guess notification depends on your PO. They are healthy and perky but very hungry and thirsty that 1st 24 hours. They were flown here as they had KCI airport stickers on the box.

Last edited:

That's awful and sounds very stressful. Sad that people would let a package with live animals just get lost. I'm sorry! Thanks for commenting with your experience though.

Yeah, I had a similar occurrence, although not with MPC. I made an order for 10 BRs in early March (bad idea). When I made the order the weather around the country was unusually warm, unknown to me they only shipped chicks on Tuesdays. Well, by the time Tuesday rolled around a blizzard had come into the area the chicks were being shipped from. They shipped the chicks anyway. By the time chicks arrived at my place on Friday, all but one of the 11 appeared dead. And the one was barely holding on. At the end I was able to save three of the 11. I went & got 3 more locally, one of which also died a few days later. So all in told, I lost nine of fourteen chicks. Fortunately the remaining five, now 13 weeks old are healthy & doing well.

What a nightmare. I'm very glad for your remaining chickens!

Back
Top Bottom