Chick pecking at every other chick's eyes, help!

Update: Original bully has gotten better, she still goes for eyes but most of the chicks have figured out to brace themselves and close their eyes.. She's still a little more skittish but lets us hold her and she goes to sleep on us and seems generally comfortable with us, but she doesn't play with the other chicks and kinda stays back when they are all getting crumble from my hands. I don't know if it's because she was separated for a day and a half or if this is just her personality. I probably wouldn't separate again - as I mentioned one of the bantams started doing this (eyes AND vents) AND WON'T STOP and we have just been trying to correct her with taps/pick her up a lot. However, this has resulted in her crying for us every time we put her down... One of us has literally been with them every waking hour - at night they all calm down and go to sleep and are fine so we just listen for them to wake up and then watch them again. They have SO MUCH to do and peck at in there, and they are still more interested in vents and eyes.. Hoping they cut it out soon so we can be more free to do our normal daily stuff. Really glad I have a partner that is on board with taking care of problem babies.

Both bantams have eye injuries - which is why we even considered separating them in the first place. Hoping those heal up on their own.

Little bantams eye.

And no... I think the lighter colored ones are getting pecked at most.. They are pecking eyes and vents where feathers get stuck from poop (or where I wash it off and the feathers are still stuck together). I'm afraid they are all learning it from each other.. I keep trying to correct them with taps but it's not working..
Make sure when washing vents you completely dry them so that they look normal and fluffy and not a target for looking different.

Back
Top Bottom