Chick perching / climbing on arms

Slgov13

Chirping
May 10, 2020
I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place, BYC newbie here. I have a chick who is 4 to 5 weeks old. She is a sweetheart and very friendly. She is so friendly, that she regularly flies up onto my arms, shoulders, back, etc. when I visit her. She once flew up onto my 5 year olds head! It is cute now, but I don't want her doing this when she gets heavy enough to scratch / break skin. Will this be a behavior she will grow out of on her own, or do I need to train her to stop?

Attachments

• 20200518_222335.jpg
    20200518_222335.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 13
I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place, BYC newbie here. I have a chick who is 4 to 5 weeks old. She is a sweetheart and very friendly. She is so friendly, that she regularly flies up onto my arms, shoulders, back, etc. when I visit her. She once flew up onto my 5 year olds head! It is cute now, but I don't want her doing this when she gets heavy enough to scratch / break skin. Will this be a behavior she will grow out of on her own, or do I need to train her to stop?
She’s very young and still learning. It probably won’t be a problem but it would be nice for you to try put her right back in her pen as soon as she jumps up. It should teach her you don’t like it and she should stop.

Back
Top Bottom