Chick Pics for New 2 and Our Chart

That's a nice peacock, hoping he will keep improving, and on the oaten hen, are you naming her or you mean she is oaten? Because she doesn't look black shoulder, but she is definitely pretty.

I am a bit disappointed in the SP trio as they are the poorest looking birds I have. Hopefully they will improve with better care and after molt they will look better.

Ahh... hen??? I better take a closer look as I thought I had two CBS cocks. Did the blue in the face mean anything to you?

I am a bit disappointed in the SP trio as they are the poorest looking birds I have. Hopefully they will improve with better care and after molt they will look better.

Ahh... hen??? I better take a closer look as I thought I had two CBS cocks. Did the blue in the face mean anything to you?
So its not a hen? I felt somehow its a male but was only seeing the head. Oaten name was used to describe cameo bs hens only, blue color could come from the green blood.

About the peach birds, yours look good comparing them to some peach birds i have seen before, many peach birds looked like this, that's why i still didn't have a peach male, every male i saw for sale before wasn't in a great shape.

So its not a hen? I felt somehow its a male but was only seeing the head. Oaten name was used to describe cameo bs hens only, blue color could come from the green blood.

About the peach birds, yours look good comparing them to some peach birds i have seen before, many peach birds looked like this, that's why i still didn't have a peach male, every male i saw for sale before wasn't in a great shape.

Ah, my confusion. I thought the 'old' term Oaten was for any Cameo Black Shoulder regardless of sex, I didn't know. The blue color in the face I have read indicates green blood as you said. Again, I am learning that there is even more in the genetic gene pool of the mystery birds that I bought from that breeder that quit peafowl. I was questioning about the blue color as I wasn't sure if it was a maturing thing in that particular color. Now to figure out which of my nine Cameo hens is carrying that green...

Thanks for the considerations on the PSPs, being yearlings I am hopeful that they will improve with age and care.

I remember one of your new cameo silver pied hens was showing some green blood.

That is right! This is my first year breeding her, she is in with the IB Pied WE split Cameo split BS. And I do stand corrected in the pic of what I called an Oaten, that is really a Cameo cock, the two CBS have light colored heads.

Cameo in front, CBS in back, BS hen on right.

Peach SP hen on left, Cameo BS cock in front.

barnie.gif
Lost the entire post! Got to start over...

Okay, while we wait for further comments on the previous pics we go to the two week old chicks.
First it is Pied Pipes pen, he is the IB Pied WE split Cameo, split BS over low% Spaulding IBSP, low % Cameo SP, Cameo WE, and IB Pied with unknown split hens.

This first chick appears to be a very dark IB split either White or Pied, there is an 80% chance it is double factor WE that I suspect is showing Spaulding. What do you think?

Next is another Loud Pied, I would have guessed Silver Pied but I don't have a Silver Pied cock, or Piper does not carry Silver Pied...

Now what I think is a Cameo WE. Cameo Pied WE?

And now a chick from Poppa Ps pen, Low% Spaulding Purple BS cock over low % Spaulding Purple BS hen, IBBS . and Cameo hens.

I think this is a Purple chick.

Now from Elvis, an IBBS split Cameo over all Cameo hens.

This chick shows BS, hopefully it will turn out Cameo BS

That is right! This is my first year breeding her, she is in with the IB Pied WE split Cameo split BS. And I do stand corrected in the pic of what I called an Oaten, that is really a Cameo cock, the two CBS have light colored heads.

Cameo in front, CBS in back, BS hen on right.

Peach SP hen on left, Cameo BS cock in front.

Okay i hate to say this but i have to, this spalding cameo male isn't a black shoulder, you see he still has some bars on his wings, its just spalding blood reducing these bars.

Also the cameo hen in the back left in the first image isn't a black shoulder.

Okay i hate to say this buti have to, this spalding cameo male isn't a black shoulder, you see he still has some bars on his wings, its just spalding blood reducing these bars.

Also the cameo hen in the back left in the first image isn't a black shoulder.

Q8, don't appologize, I really appreciate your input! I don't know how I could be so wrong, both of the cocks, you called the one in back a hen, were hatched yellow and colored like any other Black Shoulder.
idunno.gif

I know that the first pic is one of them, maybe the second one too.

Q8, don't appologize, I really appreciate your input! I don't know how I could be so wrong, both of the cocks, you called the one in back a hen, were hatched yellow and colored like any other Black Shoulder.
idunno.gif

I know that the first pic is one of them, maybe the second one too.

Yeah, that's a cameo black shoulder cock, i thought you think its a hen, I wasn't seeing him good in the previous image since the other male was standing in front of him.

Back
Top Bottom