Chick Pics for New 2 and Our Chart

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by KsKingBee, Jun 26, 2015.

1. DylansMom

DylansMom RIP 1969-2017

Jan 10, 2014
    PA
    Sure looks like a silver Pied, what pen it came from could give a clue as to color. Also, is there BS in that pen?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  2. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Hatched from Rockies pen on 6-17-15, IBBSWE (split SP maybe), over IBWE hens, post #29

I sure hope it quits coloring in, I don't want it to go from Silver Pied to Loud Pied. Still, the only chicks I have seen with black feathers have been mixed with other colors, browns, and tans, not yellow, white, and black.

3. DylansMom

DylansMom RIP 1969-2017

Jan 10, 2014
    PA
    I would be trying to find pics of BS SP chicks around the same age. The way those wings keep getting more color makes me think BS just not sure what the color would be, also double WE might be in play as well.

1 person likes this.
  4. q8peafowl

q8peafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2014
    Kuwait
    I don't know much about bs sp chicks, but i will tell you how my only bs silver pied chicks i hatched last year were looking as they were growing up, they were opal bs sp, when they hatched they looked completely white, after two weeks i started to notice few colors on their wings just like your old images of your chicks, when they were 2 months old they were almost grey color with only few white feathers on their body, and as more as they grow up they were getting more white on their bodies, last month they were 40% white, now almost 60% of their body is white, they are both males so i think when they become a year old there will be at least 70-80% white on their bodies.

I wished i took images of them when they were young, now i have three chicks just hatched, they could be india blue black shoulder sliver pied, i will see how they will grow up.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. q8peafowl

q8peafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2014
    Kuwait
    As for the color i have no idea which color its [​IMG]

6. KsKingBee

I wish my multi button worked, never has... [​IMG]

I think Phil was referring to this chick and another from post #29 in his statement in post #33

It sure is fun watching the chicks go through the changes even if they don't turn out the way I had hoped. At first I thought the chick in question would be White, then Silver Pied, then Loud Pied, and now I am afraid it will turn out BS. Then again as Othman explained how his turned dark then lighter the following year I can still hold out hope for a SP.

7. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    X2, fancy!

-Kathy

8. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Lovely!

-kathy

9. KsKingBee

Ok, four-week pics of my mystery chick update. I think I will send these pics to Brad, maybe he will know what to call it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. DylansMom

DylansMom RIP 1969-2017

Jan 10, 2014
    PA
    Could it be a BS SP?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by