Chick pipping, wrong way ?

Karenrubi

Hatching
Feb 27, 2021
My chicken egg started pipping at day 19, yesterday. This morning it has pipped more but it doesn’t look like it’s in the air cell. It’s like in the middle of the egg. Is it going to be able to come out okay ?

Attachments

• 78B39C99-DA28-4D0D-AAD5-C74D1DEC7A2B.jpeg
    78B39C99-DA28-4D0D-AAD5-C74D1DEC7A2B.jpeg
    615.5 KB · Views: 10
  • A1EC5D0D-39E8-4866-8442-5DEB7EDF5138.jpeg
    A1EC5D0D-39E8-4866-8442-5DEB7EDF5138.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 7
My chicken egg started pipping at day 19, yesterday. This morning it has pipped more but it doesn’t look like it’s in the air cell. It’s like in the middle of the egg. Is it going to be able to come out okay ?
That happened to me when I hatched my chicks this Friday, I got worried because after it pipped it didn’t look like it was making any progress. I didn’t intervene and Sunday when I woke up the chick was hatched in the incubator. Just wait a while and see what happens, if the chick is all the way through the egg it will be able to get air. Make sure you monitor it though. After 48 hours and it doesn’t hatch, you might need to do an assisted hatching.

Did the chick hatch?
I'm hatching eggs soon, so I want to know what happened just in case it happens to me. It hasn't happen before, but I still want to know,

Thanks,

Did the chick hatch?
I'm hatching eggs soon, so I want to know what happened just in case it happens to me. It hasn't happen before, but I still want to know,

Thanks,
Most wrong end pippers will hatch themselves just fine. You can keep an eye out to see if they struggle to zip (24-48hrs after pip).

Back
Top Bottom