Chick Poo

I was wondering this today, too! Mine are 13 days old and since it was nice and warm out we decided to put them outside in their run for the first time. As soon as we put them in it everyone pooped. It was a little looser than their normal poop...made me wonder if it was stress related.

Mine r 4, 5, & 6 weeks old. EVERYTIME I take them out of the brooder to let them get some fresh air they poop!
sickbyc.gif
I have come to the conclusion that they just poop whenever and how ever often they want!
barnie.gif

I have 3 buff orps that are3weeks an every time I pick them up they poop ? Are they scared my mother said that I grasped them to hard but I make sure Im gentle any comments
cool.png

I have a couple of 7 week old cockerels that like to fly up and sit on my shoulder when I am sitting in the pen with them. So far, I have been lucky. But one of these days I know I will have chicken poop all over my back. Chickens poop, it is part of their job description.

Quote:
You r SOOOOOOO right...and their job description isn't long...so poo is right up there!!
lau.gif
I have a 5 week old BR, Sweet Pea, that just finally pooped on me this week!
sickbyc.gif
She rides around on my shoulder when I am outside all the time. Needless to say she went back in the brooder, clothes straight in the washer, and me straight in the shower!
gig.gif
Darn peep!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I'd say, take an old idea from human parents (of human babies), and throw an old towel around your shoulders when you go visit the pen.

Back
Top Bottom