Chick Poo

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mrchicken, May 14, 2011.

1. mrchicken

mrchicken Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Do chicks poo when they're scared?

2. Chester Hen

Chester Hen Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2011
    Yorktown, Virginia
    I was wondering this today, too! Mine are 13 days old and since it was nice and warm out we decided to put them outside in their run for the first time. As soon as we put them in it everyone pooped. It was a little looser than their normal poop...made me wonder if it was stress related.

3. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Mine r 4, 5, & 6 weeks old. EVERYTIME I take them out of the brooder to let them get some fresh air they poop! [​IMG] I have come to the conclusion that they just poop whenever and how ever often they want! [​IMG]

4. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
  5. sky king

sky king Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2011
    Rome GA
    I have 3 buff orps that are3weeks an every time I pick them up they poop ? Are they scared my mother said that I grasped them to hard but I make sure Im gentle any comments
    [​IMG]

6. mrchicken

mrchicken Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Thanx:D

7. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Mine poop all the time! [​IMG] They poop when I pik them up too...they just poop a lot! [​IMG]

8. txhomegrown

txhomegrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Como, TX
    I have a couple of 7 week old cockerels that like to fly up and sit on my shoulder when I am sitting in the pen with them. So far, I have been lucky. But one of these days I know I will have chicken poop all over my back. Chickens poop, it is part of their job description.

9. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Quote:You r SOOOOOOO right...and their job description isn't long...so poo is right up there!! [​IMG] I have a 5 week old BR, Sweet Pea, that just finally pooped on me this week! [​IMG] She rides around on my shoulder when I am outside all the time. Needless to say she went back in the brooder, clothes straight in the washer, and me straight in the shower! [​IMG] Darn peep! [​IMG]

10. Lee-in-Iowa

Lee-in-Iowa Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    Quote:I'd say, take an old idea from human parents (of human babies), and throw an old towel around your shoulders when you go visit the pen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by