Runny poo

girl4peace7

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2023
Hi can anyone help me one of my 5 day old chicks has runny poo they have had ACV in their water and gave them preventative coccidiosis treatment

Attachments

• IMG20231013071627.jpg
    IMG20231013071627.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG20231012155423.jpg
    IMG20231012155423.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG20231012135050.jpg
    IMG20231012135050.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 5
Mine had runny poo quite frequently for the first week or so (I even posted about it). Keep it to food and plain water only. Be watchful for lethargy or blood in the stool. Otherwise, I'd consider it totally normal. Also, be sure to familiarize yourself with cecals (if you haven't already) đź‘Ť

Yes it can be quite daunting! They eat medicated chick feed. I did give them a little Greek yoghurt mixed with egg and chick feed yesterday. So could be that change in diet. I had read on this forum that the feed combination was a good probiotic for their immune system. Definitely trial and error. I clean their brooder out all the time!

Hi can anyone help me one of my 5 day old chicks has runny poo they have had ACV in their water and gave them preventative coccidiosis treatment
My chicks have the same problem - runny poop. They just drink too much water. They are super active, and they eat and drink normally. Something i noticed was their food was too big for their tiny beaks. I ground up their chick crumbles and that mostly solved the diarrhea. Just watch out for the change in behavior, and don't give them anything other than their normal food - no treats or human food. Chicks do not need anything other than chick crumbles for the first few weeks of their life. Also, I would look at chick grit. I don't use chick grit, but I also don't feed them anything other than their chick crumbles. I hope you can find out what is causing this!

My chicks have the same problem - runny poop. They just drink too much water. They are super active, and they eat and drink normally. Something i noticed was their food was too big for their tiny beaks. I ground up their chick crumbles and that mostly solved the diarrhea. Just watch out for the change in behavior, and don't give them anything other than their normal food - no treats or human food. Chicks do not need anything other than chick crumbles for the first few weeks of their life. Also, I would look at chick grit. I don't use chick grit, but I also don't feed them anything other than their chick crumbles. I hope you can find out what is causing this!
You just connected the dots in my head! Like I mentioned, I had runny poops for the first week or so. They stopped once I started grinding up their MASSIVE chick crumble (thanks Purina). Holy cow, thank you!

You just connected the dots in my head! Like I mentioned, I had runny poops for the first week or so. They stopped once I started grinding up their MASSIVE chick crumble (thanks Purina). Holy cow, thank you!
Okay yeah I thought it was a bit big too! It's standard medicated chick feed. I will give that a go!

My chicks have the same problem - runny poop. They just drink too much water. They are super active, and they eat and drink normally. Something i noticed was their food was too big for their tiny beaks. I ground up their chick crumbles and that mostly solved the diarrhea. Just watch out for the change in behavior, and don't give them anything other than their normal food - no treats or human food. Chicks do not need anything other than chick crumbles for the first few weeks of their life. Also, I would look at chick grit. I don't use chick grit, but I also don't feed them anything other than their chick crumbles. I hope you can find out what is causing thiits

It's called chick starter

Attachments

• IMG20231013080557.jpg
    IMG20231013080557.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 3
My chicks have the same problem - runny poop. They just drink too much water. They are super active, and they eat and drink normally. Something i noticed was their food was too big for their tiny beaks. I ground up their chick crumbles and that mostly solved the diarrhea. Just watch out for the change in behavior, and don't give them anything other than their normal food - no treats or human food. Chicks do not need anything other than chick crumbles for the first few weeks of their life. Also, I would look at chick grit. I don't use chick grit, but I also don't feed them anything other than their chick crumbles. I hope you can find out what is causing thiits

Back
Top Bottom