Chick rolling eggs over in incubator

crawfordmama

Songster
9 Years
Jun 29, 2010
The Lakes Region, NH
I have a chick who just hatched and is full of energy. It's buzzing around the 'bator and crawling over eggs which is rolling them over. Is this going to be a problem for the chicks that have yet to hatch? This is my first hatch, and I know that the eggs shouldn't be turned after day 18 because the chicks are getting in position to hatch. Do I need to open op the bator to reposition? I'm not so sure I know how all of them we positioned...

Thank you for your help!!!

Like Tayfray said, don't open the top.

I'm a first timer as well, and we had 1 hatch 5/18 late. We felt bad that it was alone & all over the place, but by morning, there were 4 more!
And 1 more by mid-afternoon. Its amazing how they get around, then just lay down and take naps! So sweet!

So be patient! Don't worry too much.

Keep us updated! Good Luck!
fl.gif

the #1 rule of lockdown is lockdown
smile.png

and in the future, some do like to hatch in egg cartons with the eggs standing up and in place, the chicks cannot roll them around, just for next time...

keep the lid on em, the others need the temp and humid air more than anything else right now.

the #1 rule of lockdown is lockdown
smile.png

and in the future, some do like to hatch in egg cartons with the eggs standing up and in place, the chicks cannot roll them around, just for next time...

keep the lid on em, the others need the temp and humid air more than anything else right now.

I am a first time Hatcher and I really appreciate your input on here. My Question to you would be as to what “standing up” means in your response.
I’m trying to visualize over here lol.

Back
Top Bottom