1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick runs and falls over on side ...runs backwards and falls on side

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by quesad00dle, Nov 25, 2011.

1. quesad00dle

quesad00dle Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2011
    Hi I am the proud parent of three Dominique chicks, they all appeared healthy after hatching out in our garage about 1 week ago. But now the smallest chick is displaying some strange behavior.
    She appears to be sleeping and when disturbed runs off as it possessed with one wing down or leaning to one side then she runs in reverse and does the same thing falling over on her side
    at the culmination of her run. After this strange display of wobbly running she is just fine. Is there a name for this and what can be done, is it infectious?

2. gboston1970

gboston1970 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2009
    lufkin, Texas
    Remove All Wiskey content from the water [​IMG]

3. Hennypen

Hennypen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Are they on medicated chick starter? Or is it plain? I'd start treating for cocci if they're not on medicated chick starter.

4. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Quote:[​IMG]

Medicated chick feed, vitamins in the water will help greatly and watch out for the chick to see if it corrects this problem. Do you have heat on them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by