Chick seemed to have died during hatching

randomchickperson

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2021
Hello everyone, I’m seeking advice about an chick that looks as if it died right before hatching. It pipped earlier and started zipping. It was actually almost out, chirping, and sounding healthy.
A few minutes ago I went to check on it and it looks as if it is dead. I noticed a chick that was already in the incubator pecked at it once earlier so I’m wondering if it died because of that, or another reason. If so, what would the reason be? I’m not even sure if it’s dead yet but it’s not moving or chirping, and I can’t see it breathing as it was earlier. Please help.

Here is what the egg looks like. It’s not making any more chirping sounds or pulsating:
A96F69D0-8C8B-4E0A-ABA5-CF737887993F.jpeg

I opened the shell a little bit more and found the beak. Its mouth was gaping open and the chick was still not moving at all so I believe it is dead. This is heartbreaking as it was so close to coming out.
thank you for your advice ❤️

I had an incident this year. I got up early in the morning to check the hatching progress, & everything looked fine. Chicks were hatching, & pipping.

One chick in particular I saw it's beak sticking out of it's pip hole like it should, I sat down for a drink of coffee, came back over, to find the chick's beak was missing. I took the egg out, & started removing shell for an assist hatching.(Chick turned to the other side of the shell)I got it out of the shell, & membrane, it was freshly dead. Still warm, but limp. Chick was also ready to come out, yolk was completely absorbed.
I attempted to resuscitate the chickie, but I was unable to bring it back to life.

I had an incident this year. I got up early in the morning to check the hatching progress, & everything looked fine. Chicks were hatching, & pipping.

One chick in particular I saw it's beak sticking out of it's pip hole like it should, I sat down for a drink of coffee, came back over, to find the chick's beak was missing. I took the egg out, & started removing shell for an assist hatching.(Chick turned to the other side of the shell)I got it out of the shell, & membrane, it was freshly dead. Still warm, but limp. Chick was also ready to come out, yolk was completely absorbed.
I attempted to resuscitate the chickie, but I was unable to bring it back to life.
So sorry. It sounds very similar.

I found another egg that had pipped and died. I have two more eggs that pipped and then stayed about the same for approx. 12 hours. I decided to peel some of the eggshel away to help them zip but they’re not making much progress. One of the eggs started bleeding a little so I stopped the blood and put it back. none of them seem to be making progress. How should I proceed with this?

Back
Top Bottom