Chick seemed to have died during hatching

I found another egg that had pipped and died. I have two more eggs that pipped and then stayed about the same for approx. 12 hours. I decided to peel some of the eggshel away to help them zip but they’re not making much progress. One of the eggs started bleeding a little so I stopped the blood and put it back. none of them seem to be making progress. How should I proceed with this?
If there's still blood, then they're not ready. I had chicks wait a solid 2 days before hatching before.

If there's still blood, then they're not ready. I had chicks wait a solid 2 days before hatching before.
Two days after they pipped?
yes there was some blood..but because I just saw two dead chicks I’m worried that these will die as well overnight.
here is what the eggs look like:

Attachments

• E947F877-166A-49E0-A337-BC6575B48432.jpeg
    E947F877-166A-49E0-A337-BC6575B48432.jpeg
    788.4 KB · Views: 15
  • B0FBC792-7958-45B1-83C7-480915DC223A.jpeg
    B0FBC792-7958-45B1-83C7-480915DC223A.jpeg
    636.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
How do I know when theyre ready? The second chick keeps opening its mouth and it’s making me anxious :fl
The yawning motion means it's still absorbing its yolk.

Signs I see, is the chicks start wiggling, & becoming more active. Within a few hours you should expect the chicks to chip shell at the edge of the pip. This is the beginning of a Zip.

But if they begin zipping, & don't go any further then part way, or less then that then it's probably time to start helping.

The yawning motion means it's still absorbing its yolk.

Signs I see, is the chicks start wiggling, & becoming more active. Within a few hours you should expect the chicks to chip shell at the edge of the pip. This is the beginning of a Zip.

But if they begin zipping, & don't go any further then part way, or less then that then it's probably time to start helping.
It was actually pipped but then I peeled away some of the eggshell because it had been in the egg for about 12 hrs. I’m not sure if I should let them sit overnight or...I can hear them chirping and they’re wiggling a little. I really don’t know if I should peel away more or not.

It was actually pipped but then I peeled away some of the eggshell because it had been in the egg for about 12 hrs. I’m not sure if I should let them sit overnight or...I can hear them chirping and they’re wiggling a little. I really don’t know if I should peel away more or not.
I know they're already pipped.

Leave them be?

Chicks can take 24hrs, from pip to hatch. I've had chicks wait an extra day longer.

Back
Top Bottom