Chick shipment?

Well, just went to check on them. The two I was worried about have also passed.
1f629.png

:( So sad. Im sorry for you and them. What temps are they shipping at ?   Was there hand warmers or anything like that in the box ?  What temp is your brooder ? I know they recommend 90-95 but sick/stressed chicks should be bumped up a little more.

There was a hand warmer in the shipment container. I don't have a thermometer to check temps, but the remaining 5 seem content in their MHP.

Do you think I should give the surviving chicks more fluids tonight or just let them rest until morning?

There was a hand warmer in the shipment container. I don't have a thermometer to check temps, but the remaining 5 seem content in their MHP.

Do you think I should give the surviving chicks more fluids tonight or just let them rest until morning?

if they are on their feet good they should find the water on their own.

No, I ordered ten and got 10 (five alive atm).
contact them in the am as soon as possible, you have lost half your shipment so far and they will resend them. I wonder if you can wait for warmer temps ? Its showing 30s on the weather channel for your area. Way too cold to be sending 10 chicks.
I dont know how long they give you to report losses . Some are 24 hrs. So the sooner the better.

contact them in the am as soon as possible, you have lost half your shipment so far and they will resend them. I wonder if you can wait for warmer temps ? Its showing 30s on the weather channel for your area. Way too cold to be sending 10 chicks.  
I dont know how long they give you to report losses . Some are 24 hrs. So the sooner the better.

Thank you for all your support, I don't know what I'd do without the understanding of people like you & other BYCers. I was actually planning to give away about half, because I don't need ten. I'm less worried about the money than I am about the innocent lives, that I feel partly responsible for
1f622.png
. I have contacted TSC through their customer solutions on their website. If I don't hear anything by morning, I'll give them a call. Thanks!

Well although still very sad thats good you wont have to replace the others since you didnt want that many. But still such a sad thing to go through especially at a time when you should be happy and enjoying the cute little chicks!

Back
Top Bottom